As always, measure with your heart.
- 1kg Potatoes
- 150g Butter
- 1tblsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Spoons of GG Chunky Powder
- Pinch of Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Roughly peel potatoes (cut larger potatoes in half to keep them around the same size).
- Add potatoes to a pot of cold water with a pinch of salt, then bring to a boil, covered with a lid.
- Once the water starts to boil, reduce the heat to keep it from boiling over (& remove the lid). Continue boiling for about 5+ minutes depending on size of potatoes.
- You only want to par-boil these potatoes, so test with a fork and when it goes in with only slight resistance, you’re done.
- Remove the boiled potatoes from the heat, drain water well and let them cool slightly.
- While your potatoes are boiling, soften butter in a large bowl in the microwave. When softened/starting to melt add oil, garlic powder and parsley, stir to combine and let the flavours develop.
- After your potatoes are parboiled add them to a large bowl with garlic butter mixture. Gently coat in mixture, to avoid potatoes breaking apart.
- Place coated potatoes on a lined baking sheet, spaced out
- Gently use a fork to apply pressure to the centre of potato, to slightly smash. Just one push will do for each potato.
- Use any left over butter mixture in the bowl to pour/brush over smashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper over the top .
- Add to a 180 degrees preheated oven for 10-20 minutes.
- Watch for that golden colour and browning edges, get them nice and crispy!
- These bad boys are ready to serve with any meal!
- How about serving with a Signature Seasoned Steak, with some fried onions on the side 🤤
- Sprinkle some chopped fresh chives over and dip into sour cream if you're feeling fancy
- If you think it needs more butter, add more!
- Don't over cook when parboiling or they will fall apart
- We usually add another sprinkle of salt when serving