Garlic bread is certainly a crowd pleaser and even better when it's homemade, using a fresh loaf of sourdough from the local bakery!
We love to use our Fine Garlic Powder for this particular recipe but you can of course substitute with the Chunky version or fresh cloves!
- 1/2 cup of salted butter
- 1 tsp of fine garlic powder (you can adjust this to taste - the level of garlic that you like to use is a very personal thing!)
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf of fresh sourdough bread cut into thick slices
- A generous pinch of fresh rosemary
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius. We use a fan-forced oven so adjust this temperature to suit your own oven!
2. Mix your butter, garlic and rosemary together in a small bowl. You may have to slightly warm the butter to allow it to mix easily.
3. Lay the separate pieces of sourdough on a tray (it's best to lay some baking paper down first) and spread the mixture over the top. Add a sprinkle of parmesan across each piece.
3. Bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is crispy. Be sure to keep a close eye on the oven as the bread can easily burn!
We love this as a simple snack, or as a side with a delicious dinner!
We'd love to see your creations - tag us on social media if you recreate this yummy recipe!