This is the perfect Winter warmer that we turn to when the fridge is looking particularly empty.
Our Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup tastes fancy, without much effort at all, and that's possibly our favourite thing about it. For an extra bit of deliciousness, serve this with a fresh piece of lightly toasted sourdough.
Be sure to let us know if you try it out for yourself!
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 1 bunch of basil
- A punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 2 brown onions
- 700mL of vegetable stock
- Chilli flakes
- G'day Garlic Chunky Powder
- Italian herbs
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 180degrees (fan forced). Chop your large tomatoes in half and add them to a baking dish with your onions - also peeled and chopped in half.
- Give the tomatoes and onions a generous covering of Chunky Garlic Powder, Italian herbs, salt & pepper and chilli flakes before drizzling olive oil over everything. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- When the tomatoes and onions are ready, heat a large pot on the stove and add a drizzle of olive oil. Lightly toast your pine nuts watching them closely as they burn easily.
- Add the vegetable stock, basil, the cherry tomato punnet and the roasted tomatoes & onion to the pot. And if you're anything like us you'll add an extra sprinkle of chunky garlic powder for good measure!
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes before blending and serving with a light dusting of parmesan cheese!