When it comes to pasta, sometimes simple is best and that is certainly the case with this delicious garlic & parmesan pasta recipe!
The type of pasta that you use is completely up to you as this tasty combo works with just about any. Some of our favourites to use include fettuccine, spaghetti and orecchiette.
- 500 grams of your chosen pasta (approx)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Fine G'day Garlic Powder (our Chunky Powder works well too!)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Salt as needed (we love Olsson's sea salt flakes - bonus that they are an Aussie brand!)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, add your pasta and cook until al dente.
- Once pasta has cooked, drain BUT keep aside 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add butter, parmesan cheese, G'day Garlic Powder and a pinch of salt. Stir well until the butter has melted.
- Add the reserved pasta water and stir through to form a deliciously silky sauce!
Voila! We love to serve with some homemade garlic bread on the side, because there's no such thing as too much garlic!!!
PS. If you want to make it even fancier and you have time to kill, make your pasta from scratch...There is nothing better!